Marketing horizons that the era of the Internet offers are difficult to grasp fully, so they are vast. While most businesses tend to mix and match most of the marketing opportunities, email marketing is surely among the top-notch advertising and outreach methods that successful companies exploit. The sole downside of the technology is the possibility of ending up on an Outlook blacklist without even knowing it.
Is there a way to escape being added to the blacklist Outlook is so proud of? While there is no one-for-all rule that blast email senders can use, the better you understand the notion of a blacklist, the easier it will be to keep your IP address, email, and domain off it. Folderly, experts compiled an easy-to-grasp and informative guide to defeating the mentioned purpose!
What is blacklist in Outlook?
First things first, you should understand that blacklists are basically the same for each service that compiles those, and Outlook isn’t an exception to worry about. Usually, a blacklist is a type of database that contains various IP and email addresses, along with the domain names that have been reported to spread spam across the known mailbox providers.
Why can you end up on the Outlook blacklist?
When you have the answer to the question, “What is the blacklist on Microsoft Outlook?” you may be wondering why things like that happen. The fact is that not all the senders that end up on an Outlook blacklist deserve the outcome.
Misconfigured DNS setting
Should an SPF record or any other TXT record carry misleading information or miss from the settings generally, the platform may view it as spamming activity, and you will end up on an IP blacklist Outlook features.
Poor domain reputation
Various ISPs pay a lot of attention to the domain that your emails are sent from. The lower the reputation, the higher the chances of being blacklisted and proclaimed as a junk sender. It helps to generate positive user feedback and targeted marketing to improve the rates.
It is easier than easy to hit the Outlook blacklist once your account has been hacked. Different reliable corporations fear the potential outcome since it is hard to determine the breach until it gets a little too late. The spammers use trustworthy sources to send out harmful and illegitimate messages which serve to ruin your reputation.
Outdated mail lists
It is only natural to think about growing the user base via email marketing. However, you should keep in mind that you may end up on a blacklist Outlook has once you send too many emails to addresses that are inactive, fake, or not interested in the services you provide.
Increased outbound email loads
Those businesses who are about to implement email marketing into their routines should be careful with the speed they increase the outbound email rates at. If you have been exchanging 10 emails, tops, for a year and then rapidly increase the rates to 1000, the provider will view it as suspicious activity and will add you to a blacklist in the blink of an eye.
Unfavorable user feedback
Another sure way to hit the IP blacklist Outlook offers is to gather numerous reports from the email recipients you aim at. If you choose the improper audience to target, the outcome is clearly inevitable. Thus, you should be quite precise about whom you send the mass emails to. The recipients should be initially interested in the services you present so that they don’t block your emails straight away.
Outlook com blacklist check
It is a common practice that most enterprises stick to – work on increasing email deliverability. The more emails end up with the targeted recipient and hit the primary inbox instead of the spam folder – the better. When you spot that the open rates of your emails drop, you start looking for various means to improve those; for instance, you apply Outlook com blacklist check. While that is a practical approach, usually, the notion of being introduced into the blacklist Outlook or any other provider features comes to the attention last. Yet, in the majority of cases, it is the main reason why you may need to improve email deliverability.
So, how do you check if IP is in Outlook blacklist? There are simple steps you can take to run a successful and informative Outlook blacklist check. They are the following:
- Analyze your server logs and statistics to detect unpredicted email volume spikes.
- Run a blacklist lookup tool to decide if your IP is on any of the main lists.
- Check sender rep.
- Browse through DNS records to verify that all are set correctly.
- Inspect IP reputation and ask for the block removal, should you find yourself added to the list. Mostly, the Brightmail filter is recommended since Outlook uses the exact anti-spam service to detect spam emails. Once the filter views your mass email campaign as suspicious, you will be blocked immediately.
- To complete the Outlook integration, you should sign up for Microsoft SNDS. After the signup, you will be allowed to monitor all the traffic that comes from your IP. Comparing the sent-out volumes and complaint rates, you will get a clear idea of whether you should Outlook com blacklist removal form.
- Check the bounces with GlockApps Bounce Monitor to spot the mail blocks that Outlook sends you. With precise stats at hand, you will be able to track all the emails rejected by Outlook.
- Keep an open eye for rejection notices from Hotmail. The 421 code means that the service has started throttling your emails. The 550 code means that many users have reported incoming messages from your IP.
As you can see, Outlook com blacklist check can significantly help you boost your email deliverability.
How does the Outlook blacklist removal process look?
After a detailed Outlook blacklist check, you can’t but wonder how Outlook com blacklist removal request looks like.
So, before you ask Outlook to remove the IP blacklist, you should do the following:
- Find the matter that has led to the Outlook blacklist removal situation.
- Connect with Spamhaus along with other leading blacklists to confirm that your IP isn’t listed on any of them.
- Increase the SenderScore to over 75.
- Double-check the DNS setting to ensure everything is correct.
Once you are through with all the steps, you can proceed with the Outlook blacklist removal process. All it takes is to follow the next steps:
- Fill out the Sender Information Form to start Outlook blacklist removal.
- If you are not guilty of any spamming activities, you will be removed from the blacklist emails Outlook category within a few days.
- You can check the troubleshooting sections at Microsoft to detect any other factors that may negatively affect email deliverability.
Tips to stay clear of blacklist Outlook features
Now, when you know the answer to the questions, “What is blacklist in Outlook and how to issue an Outlook com blacklist removal?” you may be wondering if there is a way to stay away from blacklist emails Outlook has. In fact, there are simple pieces of advice to follow to avoid getting on an Outlook blacklist.
You may not have the Outlook remove IP blacklist if you keep sending the bulk emails to recipients who opted for receiving those. Once a user has shared the email address with you, you can consider it a potential newsletter request. In all the other cases, you have to be extremely cautious so that your emails don’t get reported as spam. Always watch out for the Outlook remove IP blacklist.
The fact is that most Internet Service Providers are skeptical of bulk emails that contain attachments. The thing is that these attachments may be infected with viruses and be potentially harmful. Thus, to stay on the safe side, it is advised to keep away from providing the emails with attachments unless these are truly necessary.
Even if you don’t notice anything out of the ordinary about your email deliverability rates, it helps to monitor leading blacklists so that the blockage does not catch you off-guard.
Blacklists haven’t been invented for your inconvenience, but they are quite unpleasant to deal with. The better you understand how to avoid them and request the Outlook remove IP blacklist, the smoother your emailing campaign will run. However, it is never a waste to run an occasional email deliverability test to keep on the safe side. Trained and professional experts that work with Folderly will point you in the right direction no matter the issue you face. All it takes is to reach out to us and have the problem solved instantly.