Moosend is a feature-rich marketing software that lets marketers and salespeople create professional-looking email campaigns, automate their workflows, and track their marketing success while growing their sales goals from Day One.
From the adorable little cow logo and the user-friendly interface to high email deliverability and click-throughs, Moosend is a high-performing yet cute email marketing tool with flexible email designs, responsive customer support, and a flexible pricing structure.
Instead of a cut and dry business-like approach to email marketing, Moosend clients of any scale get a lot of fun when creating elegant templates, adding images and links, or going through the helpful tutorials.
About Moosend Company
Founded in 2013 by Greek tech innovator Yannis Psarras, Moosend is an all-in-one integrated platform popular with small businesses yet suitable for freelancers and larger companies alike. The company owns two offices in Athens and London, so it is known for its international team.
First of all, Moosend makes life easier for email marketers and sales professionals who don’t need to wait for their designers to assist them in designing their emails, newsletters, forms, and landing pages. Drag-and-drop email editors, form builders, and an extensive library of templates make email marketing automation tasks a breeze as teams no longer depend on standard forms and templates. Anyone can exercise their creativity freely with customizable elements and no coding required. At the same time, if you have experience with HTML and CSS, you can have a code view.
Next, the marketing automation arm automates all marketing operations typically needed in your daily job. You can schedule newsletters and multiple email blasts, automate your marketing stack, and set triggers for email campaigns. Moosend provides tools that allow users to have workflows based on trigger events such as cart abandonment, birthday, and new subscriptions. Users can also choose from workflow templates or customize templates.
Moosend has a decent share of integrations, robust analytics, and tracking tools to be aware of customers’ actions.
- Email Builder. Compared to its competitors, Moosend has a modest number of 70 email templates. However, users can customize their templates by adding images, CTAs, links and social media icons, videos, timers, and conditional blocks (for example, only recipients in the coastal regions see special offers for a seaside getaway).
- Marketing Automation. In addition to traditional triggers, Moosend allows users to use Split Flow, Post a Webhook, Wait a Specific Time Interval and Increase Custom Field Value to build complex drip campaigns.
- Segmentation. Moosend’s segmentation tools help users create complex segments based on stored data, adding up to 20 conditions, from contact activity to time to contact information.
- Data Integration and Storage. In addition to default data fields (name, email, phone number), Moosend allows users to gather, store, and import an unlimited number of custom fields that come in handy, for instance, for segmentation.
- A/B Testing. Moosend's A/B testing tool optimizes your email subject lines and content. You create multiple versions of your emails, track their performance in the Moosend dashboard, then select the winning version. Among A/B test components are testing length period, email variations, themes, testing pool size, and variables.
- Deliverability. Moosend offers double opt-in, dedicated domain and IP address, email authentication, the unsubscribe button, and deliverability analytics and reporting.
- Analytics and Reporting. With Moosend, you can track how many emails bounced, sent, opened, clicked through, unsubscribed, and complained. Also, you can see what browsers and devices your recipients use the most to view emails.
- Comprehensible dashboards. A very convenient interface provides users with great dashboards, so all the essential data are always at hand.
- Integrations. Although Moosend offers merely 39 integrations, the partnership with Zapier and PieSync compensates it.
Moosend Pros and Cons
Moosend’s advanced features make it one of the best cold outreach tools. Let’s take a look at the platform’s strong and weak points.
- Price-quality ratio. You pay less and get more than when you deal with Moosend’s competitors. The Moosend pricing structure has different tiers scaled reasonably and don’t hold back essential features for only high-level tiers. Moosend is hands down affordable for small businesses and nonprofits.
- Robust analytics. Moosend’s analytical features are on the back end so that users can easily fine-tune their marketing campaign.
- Robust email marketing automation tools. Given Moosend’s moderate prices, one can expect less impressive automation workflows than similarly-priced competitors. You can create unlimited custom data fields and segments in this email marketing platform.
- Responsive customer support. The online help service is very responsive and manages to assist in resolving users’ challenges quickly. It takes them minutes to respond, so this is very helpful.
- Few templates. Template quantity clearly isn’t Moosend’s strongest suit. Having just 70 pre-designed email templates while competitors have 350+ templates and layouts is a nuisance. Besides, email templates have room for improvement in user experience and usability.
- Not easy to use integrations. Moosend’s third-party integrations weren't easy to understand, and it is confusing when you start using it.
- Buggy contact imports. When you import a CSV file, it either imports only 1st name on the list or can’t accept the last name for the email list.
- No free plan. Moosend used to have a terrific free plan with all the key features. Not anymore.
- No bounce removal. Moosend doesn’t offer automated contact removal for soft and hard bounces.
If you look up Moosend cost & Moosend reviews, you’ll find out that users used to highly praise the platform’s free plan with all the advanced features. But no longer is it available, and now Moosend company offers only a standard 30-day free trial.
As for paid plans, they follow a sliding scale. Up to 500 contacts will cost you $9/m; 3,000 to 5,000 contacts – $48/m; 10,000-25,000 – $160. Moosend can also develop a custom plan according to your individual needs. If billed annually, paid plans have discounts when paid upfront.
Users can find answers to their questions in Knowledge Base and Video Tutorials. If you have an inquiry, fill out a web form and wait for the Moosend team to get back to you instantly. Moosend services do not include phone support.
Moosend review: Conclusions
This Moosend review is short but, we hope, helpful. The email marketing automation tool creates and delivers emails that are easy on the eye and easy to make. Modeled to outperform the capabilities of all major email clients, Moosend produces fully responsive emails, landing pages, and newsletters.
Moosend hits all the right notes for one of the best email marketing tools: an easy-to-use interface with a low learning curve, versatile drag-and-drop editors for emails, landing pages, and web forms, and a host of advanced features. If you’re looking for a Moosend alternative, you need to look hard as it’s one of the best.